There is no quicker or easier way to dramatically improve the look of your smile than professional teeth whitening. Your dentist probably offers several whitening options and can advise you about the most appropriate type of whitening treatment to ensure your brightest, whitest smile. No matter which whitening treatment you and your dentist decide will be best, there are several tips you can follow to help you achieve the ideal result:
- Have any existing dental problems treated prior to whitening to avoid side effects or complications.
- Schedule a professional teeth cleaning prior to your whitening appointment to remove buildup of plaque or tartar you cannot remove with home cleaning, and provide the best surface for the whitening treatment.
- Begin brushing with a desensitizing toothpaste several weeks before whitening to limit the sensitivity that can sometimes result from whitening agents.
- If you are extremely prone to dental sensitivity, check with your dentist about taking a painkilling medication before your whitening appointment.
- Consult with your dental office to determine how much time you should allow for your whitening appointment.
- Refrain from eating or drinking anything except water for at least one hour after the completion of your whitening treatment, and avoid ingesting foods and beverages that contain stain-causing agents for no less than 24 hours.
- Make sure to attend any follow-up appointments with your dentist.
- Maintain excellent home oral care habits to extend the life of your whitening procedure.
By following these tips, you can boost the results of your professional teeth whitening treatment and face the world with beautiful, bright smile!
Our dental office is located in Marlton